Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nebraska

   Recently, I went on a trip to Nebraska. Not a plane trip, a road trip. From my hometown Denver, Colorado, all the way to Omaha, Nebraska. It was a ten hour ride there, but it was so much fun. My mom Jeni, did not go because she doesn't like long car trips. So my dad, my sister, and I went........ and it was a BLAST!!!

   First, we went to the Omaha Art Museum. My dad said that I would like it with my background of art, and yet again he is correct. Then we went to lunch. After that we went to a  huge park with a big huge lake. we FINALLY got to the hotel and it didn't take long before we fell asleep.

   The next day we went to the one and only....... Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo. The best zoo in the  United States. It was SO much fun!!! You would never believe the animals that were there.

   The next day was a long ten hour drive back. The weekend was so much fun. I hope we can go back soon.

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have fun on these trips. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Skyler, that sounds like it was a great trip! I really like reading your posts. What animals at the zoo were particularly interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there was a white alligator there, and one of the funniest things I have ever seen was one of those lights that were in the beaming towards the ground and a monkey was holding the light and staring in to the light like it was hypnotized or something. That was a sight to see! There was also a baby seal, just a few months old. One thing that all three of us thought was interesting was two pink aardvarks. Yes I did say aardvarks. There were many other things to, like one of the worlds biggest fish, a two toed sloth, and one of my favorites, beautiful tigers. Although one thing that surprised me was there were no elephants!!! What zoo doesn't have any elephants?!? :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can certainly see why you liked that zoo. Lots of interesting things!

    ReplyDelete